It’s that lovely time of year when we will be popping bottles and fronting like we are kings and queens free from all of the atrocities going on in the world. The last thing on most people’s minds is “does this champagne contain animal products”?
Well, the short answer to that is yes, a lot of champagne out there does, in fact, contain fining agents such as casein (from milk), albumen (egg), gelatin (pork), and isinglass (fish swim bladders – ohhmygross). They are used to help remove impurities, for clarity and taste.
Here at Phat Vegan, we came up with a list of top vegan champagnes and sparkling wines that we love.
Vegan Friendly Champagnes and Sparkling Wines
- Perrier-Jouët – Except Grand Brut
- Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne
- Dom Perignon rosé
- Moët & Chandon
- Champagne Lanson
- Champagne Thiénot
- Veuve Devanlay Champagne Brut
- La Rosca Cava Sparkling
Non-vegan Champagnes and Sparkling Wines
- Perrier-Jouët Grand Brut NV Champagne
- Bollinger Champagne
- M Signature Prosecco Spumante
- Last but not least if there was any more reason not to drink Korbel definitely not vegan..
Remember if you do decide to partake in alcohol consumption do your research and PLEASE BE SAFE!